I hold the following qualifications:
- A BA degree in Translation and French (1982–1984)
- An honours degree in Translation (Rhodes University, 1985)
- An honours degree in Applied Linguistics (the University of South Africa, 1996).
- I am a freelance editor/writer with experience in both the newspaper and publishing industries. I have worked at two daily newspapers in the Eastern Cape, as well as at two of South Africa’s leading textbook publishers.
- I currently work independently as a freelance editor from my home office in Cape Town.
- Over the years, I worked my way up the publishing food chain. I moved from cub reporter to features editor, from desk editor to managing editor and from senior editor to commissioning editor.
- Several years ago, I made a welcome return to editing and writing. I now take on challenging yet stimulating tasks that involve getting down and dirty with words.
- I have helped develop English language learning materials for schools for more than 15 African countries. These range from materials for early childhood development through to the school exit years.
- My particular interest is in making English accessible to second language learners, but it is not limited to this field. I also work on academic text and trade publications.
- With a profound knowledge of the book production processes, I am able to offer a comprehensive and professional editorial service tailored to your needs.
- No job is too big or too small.